Maruti Suzuki is all set to organize a special women’s rally in Pune, based on the Time-Speed-Distance format on 6th July ie tomorrow. This interesting rally aims to increase the level of awareness about motorsports among women, giving them a platform to enjoy the sports in a safer way.
The rally will be flagged off Viman Nagar and will see the participants passing through the picturesque hilly road of the city of Pune for 120km. Maruti Suzuki has over two decades of experience in motorsports and the company management hopes that events like these would help women rise to other more difficult rallies like the Maruti Suzuki Raid de Himalaya and Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm.
Like all rallies this also includes a ride where one has to navigate from a point A to point B, via hidden check points, all this while keeping in mind the time limit. Participants will be given a road book which has the rules and instructions based on the Time Speed Distance format. There would be two categories:
- One for an all-women crew,
- Second for car driven by a woman driver with mixed crew which has been further sub-divided into novices and experts to keep the competition even.
Participants for this rally will include renowned rally racers like:
- Minaxi Purohit from Ahmedabad (has participated in Royal Rajasthan Rally and SJOBA rally).
- Kavya Saxena from Delhi (runner-up in her class at the national championship at Jaipur).
- Nupur Jangu from Bikaner.
- Khyati Modi from Mumbai.
Interested people can register themselves at this link or contact Sanskruti Gada: +91 9833434666, Sanskruti.Gada@text100.co.in