It has not been more than one and half month since I purchased my new Honda BRIO smt. There are so many brands and cars available in the market in the hatchback segment. I was mainly considering between Honda’s Brio and Maruti Suzuki Swift. But Swift is in plenty here and every 3rd person seems to be going for that car.
Honda Brio is a style icon in today’s market and there is no car in petrol segment other than Swift which is facing back logs and waiting for more than 45 days according to my enquiries.
What I liked About BRIO:-
- Honda’s brand value. Honda tag is attached with car, which is known for its reliability, comfort and safety. Zero maintenance.
- I got the car in which I don’t have to replace coolant for 2 Lakhs Kms. Life time clutch plates and Sweet i-vtec engine which is shared from the bigger Jazz.
- High average (City -16-17 Kmpl with AC and On Highway 20-24 Kmpl with driving speed of 60-70 Kmph). You just need to drive in the economy mode (signaled by the green ‘ECO’ light) and you will get excellent average.
- Energetic and lively looks which takes your heart in first look. It’s definitely loves you back.
- Has that road presence and feels like standing ahead in the market with a more respected brand
- Honda Brio was Car of the Year 2011 even in the competition with Etios Liva and Swift.
- High quality interiors which impress in the first look.
- Smooth steering control.
- Audio control on steering.
- Small from outside with good space from inside. Equivalent in legroom space as Maruti Swift.
- Performance, look and average I personally rate 10 on 10 to Honda Brio.
- Price and features are very competitive. You will not get these many features and best engine built quality in this price.
- It is more powerful than Swift.
What Could Have Been Better:-
- No rear wiper.
- Low boot space (175 Lts). I have checked you can easily fit 12 Kg CNG cylinder easily if petrol price cross 100 Rs/Lt.
- Rear seats could not be split into folding.
Price and Model:
Mine is the Honda Brio S (M/T) variant which costed me Rs 4.85 Lakh Rs On-Road Delhi. While the Swift VXi was 5.40 Lakh (without music system). I would write a comprehensive ownership report as soon as the car is old enough to qualify for that.
Check out my BRIO’s gallery below which contains interior and exterior pics of the car…
For any info or review related to this car you can contact me through MotorBash.
We thank Sami for a quick review of his Brio. If you also want to get featured click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on any pic to start slideshow.
If you have any issues accessing the slideshow gallery, you can check out the pics in our regular thumbnail gallery below.