As per planning, BMW has made changes to its premium luxury flagship saloon car. Changes include interior, exterior and engine as well. Despite a new platform, the 7-Series only gets cosmetic changes. We’ll make it easier for you and sum up the changes:
- New leather front seats.
- Optional individual rear seats.
- New 3D graphics for the front display screen.
- New iDrive System.
- New Rear-Seat Entertainment package with optional Bang & Olufsen High-End Surround Sound system.
- Oversized Dual Kidney Grille with thicker grille surrounds and fewer vertical slats.
- All-LED Headlamp but with the same old design.
- Lower part of the front bumper has been re-worked, sporting new fog lamps with additional chrome inserts.
- Position of the blinkers on the ORVMs have been changed.
- Chrome strip at the lower part of the rear bumper.
- Power upgradation for 740 Li and 750 Li variants.
- 740 Li is now available with BMW’s 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission and its intelligent all-wheel-drive system, the xDrive.
- BMW has Enhanced the engines of 740 Li and 750 Li for better performance and efficiency.
- Auto Start/Stop function has been introduced for maximum fuel efficiency.
- Rear Air Suspension as a standard for all the variants.
- Overhauled integral-V aluminium rear axle.
- New ball joints, stiffer dampers, new rubber bearings and tuned elastokinematics for reduced vibrations and improved ride quality.
This refreshed 7-Series is set to be launched in the second half of this year in the foreign car markets. We can expect this beauty to hit the Indian roads in the last quarter of the year or in the first half of 2013. The photographs are mind-blowing, look at them!
Source: AutoCar India