Slowly but surely Renault is feeling the heat of the upcoming products in the segment where Duster rules currently. The biggest threat is the Ford’s Ecosport which is expected to make way pretty soon.
In a bid to make Duster a more luring prospect, Renault has started offering a ‘Media Nav’ system which is a multimedia device with information. entertainment and communication features. The Media NAV system, embedded in the dashboard, is an 18 cm touchscreen display, radio, telephony, satellite navigation along with multimedia connection functions.
Here are the main features of the Media NAV system:
- Users can listen to radio
- Users can watch media
- Make hands-free calls as telephone using Bluetooth.
- They can also synchronize contact book and retrieve call history
- It also provides satellite navigation
- Users can also connect iPod, smartphones through USB or jack sockets in the panel
- The Media NAV can be operated through the touchscreen display and steering mounted controls.
- The navigation system operates in 2D, 3D and Bird-View Graphics
- The Media NAV system is offered as an optional accessory on the 85PS RxL and 110PS RxZ variants.
- Loaded with the NAV system, the 85PS RXL costs Rs 10,79,000 and the 110PS RxZ costs Rs 11,99,000. Both prices Ex-Showroom Delhi
Duster has been a roaring success for Renault which has enabled the French manufacturer a very good start to their Indian operations. But for the last couple of months, the monthly sales are at a slight fall or probably at a stage of settling down. With these features the company is trying to ensure that the Duster doesn’t get blown away by the current hype Ecosport has generated.