With the burgeoning compact SUV segment bringing in newer models, India is set to witness some real blue metal work. First to make it to the shores would be Renault’s Duster. Duster has been caught a lot many times previously in India as well.
This time it’s a catch of a different kind. Bnzjon a team-bhp member spotted two dusters and has reported that dealer training of Duster is about to start at MGM Resorts in Chennai.
- Duster would be made available in 3 engine options. Petrol would be powered by the 1.5 liter engine. The more important diesel would be powered by 1.5lt engine but in two tunes – 85bhp and 110bhp.
- There is no 4×4 at least initially.
- As we all know, the car would be a 5 seater with decent space expected for the rear passengers
- Duster’s base diesel variant might be priced around 8 lacs (ex-showroom) and 12 lacs (ex-showroom) for the top of the line. We have our reservations with respect to the pricing of Duster. We feel Renault would want to play a better game here by keeping Duster more affordable.
- Mid and top of the line variants would get alloy wheels
- Music system, parking sensors, leather seats and steering controls are expected only on the top variant
- A large sized boot space
- Ground clearance is a high 205mm
Check out other pics of the car as well below.
UPDATE: Another TeamBhp member abbey4u has posted the different variants and features of Duster.
Duster would be launched in 3 variants with 2 extra options. So effectively it would be like:
1. Base Variant
2. Mid Variant
3. Mid Variant + Options
4. Top Variant
5. Top Variant + Options
Here is the list of features all the variants would come equipped with.
Source: Bnzjon & abbey4u team-bhp