So, how have things transpired for Lodgy? Not really well!
Sales fell down to only 522 units last month and their cumulative sales (from April 2015) stand at 6209 units which, for reference, Innova does every 1.25 months!
The launch of the muscular Stepway Edition was advanced since the response was not ‘as expected’ and as we have told you exclusively, there is a new base 7-seater RXE variant coming soon. In an update, to make Lodgy appeal to a wider audience Renault has also started offering discounts on their lone MPV, upto the tune of Rs 31,000!
Here is what and how much do you get…
- If you are a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh (except the cities of Lucknow, Kanpur and Meerut), Jharkhand (except in Ranchi and Jamshedpur), Assam, Nagaland, Orissa, Meghalaya, West Bengal (except in Kolkata) here’s the offer for you-
- The base variant of the Lodgy will be available for Rs 8.29 lakhs (for some strange reason Renault mentions that the price is ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Exchange bonus of Rs 10,000
- Corporate bonus of Rs 6,000
- If you are a resident of the National Capital Region, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Lucknow, Kanpur, Meerut, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Goa, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kolkata, Bihar, Ranchi and Jamshedpur here’s what you folks get-
- Chance to own a Lodgy at an EMI of Rs 9,999 (thanks to a special interest rate of 9.99 per cent) with finance from Renault Finance. The rate of interest applicable on 10 per cent down payment for up to an 84 month time period. EMI may vary on the basis of city, tenure, down-payment, credit profile and model variant
- Additional benefits up to Rs 16,000 which includes an exchange bonus of Rs 10,000 and additional corporate bonus of Rs 6,000. However, this additional corporate bonus is only for select corporates
- If you are a resident of Kerala, you can get a Lodgy at the same EMI as above. The additional bonus though increases to Rs 31,000 thanks to a cash discount of Rs 15,000.
And if you now are zeroing in on the Lodgy, but want to know more details, read our detailed review of the MPV.
Latest Discounts & Offers on Duster
That’s not all, their best-selling Duster, which has received a heavy beating thanks to the advent of competition in the form of Creta and S-Cross (report here), is also getting its share of discounts and benefits:
- Residents of the national capital region, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra Goa, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kolkata, Bihar, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Bhubneshwar, Guwahati get-
- Benefits of up to Rs 51,000 which includes a discount of Rs 30,000, exchange bonus of Rs 15,000 and a corporate bonus of Rs 6,000
- Duster diesel range (85 PS) starts from Rs 8.96 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Take a test drive of the Duster to win interesting gifts
- Apart from this, residents of Jammu and Kashmir, Assam (except Guwahati), Nagaland, Orissa (except Bhubaneswar), Meghalaya, and West Bengal (except Kolkata) also get to buy the Duster at a special interest rate of 9.99 per cent.
Apart from this, ten lucky winners selected by a panel of Renault India will get a chance to go to South Africa. 20 winners get a trip to the Gir National Park. However, to qualify for this contest the customer needs to have taken delivery of the car.