It is well known that Mahindra is about to launch a new entry variant of XUV500 titled as ‘W4’. Newer details about its pricing have been revealed by AutoCar India.
Autocar has revealed that XUV500 will start at a price tag of Rs 10.99 Lakhs which makes it almost Rs 1 lakh cheaper than the next W6 variant. This should not come to you as a surprise as we had already predicted exactly the same price tag on October 04 when we last reported about XUV500 W4. Here is a screen grab of our article…
The gloomy economic environment has nudged Mahindra to take such a decisive step. The “W4” variant will miss out on quite a few features, and will thus retail at a lower price. However, the exterior shell case will remain exactly the same. Mahindra feels that the rugged, macho looks of the XUV500 were a big drawing factor for the customers, and hence it should not be tinkered with. We agree!
The XUV500 has seen a considerable drop in its monthly sales, partly due to the bad swing that the economy is going through. The other larger reason is that it now has some really good competitors up against it. The Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster and the Nissan Terrano have taken the arc-lights a bit off the Cheetah.
As we had stated some time back, here’s the list of features that will continue in the “W4” variant :
- 2.2 L Diesel Powerplant with vital statistics of 140 bhp/330 Nm
- Six Speed Transmission
- Start-Stop system
- Dual Airbags
- ABS and EBD
- Projector Headlamps
- LED Parking lamps
- Tilt-Adjustable Steering
- Six-way Adjustable Driver’s Seat
- Remote Central Locking
Features that the W4 will miss out :
- 6-inch touchscreen infotainment display with DVD player
- Tyre pressure sensor and Parking assistant
- Rain sensing wipers and Light sensing headlamps
- Telescopic steering
- Fully-automatic temperature control and Power-folding side mirrors
- Premium fabric upholstery and Multi-function steering wheel
- Cruise control
- Camping lamp, Puddle lamps and Door-ajar lamps
- The Illuminated Key Ring as well!!
Mahindra has also undertaken a series of nifty tweaks to improve the way the SUV behaves in its latest 2013 edition. They have also attempted to sort out the issues the original car had. This includes re-engineering of the braking system to counter the complaint about noisy brakes, improving the clutch operation and improving the build quality to make the car put up a good show on curves. Launch should be just around the corner….
Do you feel this will help revive the XUV500’s slackening sales?
- Check Out XUV500 W4’s Leaked Specification Sheets
- List of all Upcoming Mahindra’s Utility Vehicles in India