Just yesterday we shared with you Economic Time’s report on the possibility of Terrano’s July launch. And in a remarkable scoop by one reader of Indian Autos Blog, the Nissan Terrano has been captured testing in Chennai.
Mr. Gokulraj Kanagaraj managed to catch this test mule on the Grand Southern Trunk road near the Airport, which eventually takes one to the Renault-Nissan plant on the outskirts of Chennai.
The Terrano is the compact SUV from the stables of Nissan, and is a sibling as well as a counterpart to the mighty Renault Duster. A few weeks back, Nissan had let loose the sketches of the Terrano.
From the spyshots, we have inferred a few more details. Read on :-
- From whatever is visible through the spyshots, the front portion resembles exactly to the sketches of Terrano Nissan shared earlier. The honeycomb grille is present and the sharply designed headlamps could be made out inspite of the camouflage.
- The Terrano will probably sport a different bodyline crease as compared to the Duster. On the Duster, an inverted U-shaped crease is present whereas a straight crease made its appearance on the Terrano’s official sketch. The test mule also sports that.
- There’s a small change incorporated in the Terrano’s tail-lamp assembly. While it has the brake lights positioned at the bottom of the tail lamp assembly, the Duster had it on the topmost position.
- Air conditioning vents might be a small detail, but Nissan hasn’t overlooked that. While the Duster sports circular air conditioning vents, those on the Terrano are rectangular in shape. It is reasonable to expect some sweeping changes being made to the interiors too.
- The sketch carried snazy alloy wheels. This mule also sports similar looking alloys and they sure look better than those on the Duster. They should make it to the production Terrano as well.
Now, the expectations are ripe that Terrano will hit the market around the festive season, but according to recent reports Terrano might bow in as early as this month as well. It will be a premium version as compared to the Duster, hence you will need to dig deeper to own this.
Pics Credit: Indian Autos Blog