Skoda India has launched the new Superb in India at a starting price tag of Rs 22.68 lakhs. After the Octavia this is the second product in India to feature Skoda’s new design philosophy. New Superb is more spacious thanks to the new MQB platform. The engines have been retuned to produce upto 20 percent more power. The company has also worked on the exteriors to make it more aerodynamic.
New Superb Engines
The third generation Superb comes with the same engines but with increased outputs.
- A 8 litre TSI turbocharged in-line four cylinder mill producing 180 PS of maximum power. Torque output depends on the transmission option. With the 7 speed DSG it produces 250 Nm and returns a fuel efficiency of 14.67 kmpl. The 6 speed manual is good for 14.12 kmpl and has a torque output of 320 Nm.
- A 2.0 litre TDI four pot turbocharged diesel engine producing 177 PS of maximum power and 350 Nm of torque. Transmission option includes just a 6 speed DSG and it is rated at a fuel efficiency figure of 18.19 kmpl.
The ground clearance of the petrol version has been increased to 164 mm (from 159 mm). The diesel version though has been pulled down to 149 mm. The new Superb is also 75 kilos lighter than the outgoing version.
- The wheelbase is 2,841 mm which is an increase by 80 mm.
- The car measures 4,861 mm in length (up from 4,833 mm) 1,864 mm in width (up from 1,817 mm) and 1,483 mm in overall height (raised by 1 mm).
- Driver and passengers can now enjoy 39 mm more elbow room.
- The boot space has been increased from 565 litres to a massive, segment best 625 litre.
- The rear seat backrest can be folded at the touch of a button from the boot to store 3.1 metre long items.
- The traditional hand brake has been replaced by an Auto held electromechanical parking brake.
- The panoramic sunroof has been tinted and is claimed to reflect 92 per cent of the incoming heat and screen 90 per cent of the light.
- The new Superb gets an optional virtual pedal for contactless opening of boot lid.
- It also gets a 6.5 inch infotainment system with Bluetooth, FM radio, image viewer, Aux-in, SD card slot and USB.
- The top end L&K variant gets a 610 watt Canton sound system with 12 speakers.
New Superb Price & Variants:
Skoda is offering the new Superb in 5 variants – 3 in petrol and 2 in diesel. Here is the complete list with their respective prices…
- Skoda Superb 1.8 litre petrol (MT) Style: Rs 22,68,305.
- Skoda Superb 1.8 litre petrol (AT) Style: Rs 23,91,984.
- Skoda Superb 1.8 litre petrol (AT) L&K: Rs 26,89,281.
- Skoda Superb 2.0 litre diesel (AT) Style: Rs 26,39,650.
- Skoda Superb 2.0 litre diesel (AT) L&K: Rs 29,36,850.
New Superb Colours:
The new Superb is available in four colour options:
- Candy White.
- Brilliant Silver.
- Magnetic Brown.
- Business Grey.