If you are looking out for a car in the 15-20 lakh budget and were just falling short of the Superb, here is good news for you: as we had reported earlier, Skoda has launched a lower cost variant of the car called as Superb Ambition. This lower variant, obviously, misses out on some features present in the existing variants of the car.
What goes missing and what comes in:
- Bi-Xenon headlamps have been taken off and in comes projector lamps
- No headlamp washer
- No Sunroof
- No Proximity Sensors at the front
- No cruise control
- Hill Hold and descent feature goes out
- Bluetooth and steering-mounted controls have been taken out
- Ambition misses the touchscreen and 6 CD changer
- In comes a basic single CD player with MP3
- Also out goes the tyre pressure monitor
- All safety features have been retained, thankfully. Ambition comes with 8 airbags, ABS,EBD, ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), Traction Control and ESP.
- Six speed manual transmission option only for Petrol Superb.
- Diesel Superb gets DSG Automatic Transmission
- On the externals, the car looks exactly the same as the existing Elegance trim
*All prices mentioned below are ex-showroom Delhi
While the existing Elegance Superb comes at a price tag of Rs 19,60,000 for the Manual 1.8 TSI, the Ambition Superb Petrol MT is priced at 18 lakhs. This equates to savings of more than 1.6 lakhs adding up the various taxes and duties.
As for the diesel version, the difference amounts to greater than 1.5 lakhs on the on road price. While the current Elegance 2.0 TDI AT is priced at 24 lakhs, the Ambition comes cheaper at 22.5 lakhs.
We doubt a buyer of this segment would want to miss out on all the above mentioned features for a sake of 2 lakh rupees. However, this makes the Superb more affordable and let us see how many buyers does Skoda manage to garner with this price cut entry level variant.
For related info, you can read another post here