Skoda Rapid Onyx prices start at INR 9.75 Lakh…
Skoda Rapid was launched in India in the year 2011. Though having a slightly similar look as the Fabia hatchback of those days, it had no relation to it at all. Actually, it was based on or rather, a badge-engineered version of VW Vento sedan. Apart from some styling and interior elements, it was more or less the same as the Vento. The car performed decently well for Skoda but was nowhere near to its segment competitors like Ciaz or City in terms of the sales numbers. It got a facelift in early 2017 and since then, has received minor tweaks here and there over the past 1.5 years. Now, to keep people’s interest alive in the car, Skoda has launched a special version of it named Onyx. The car receives some styling updates as well as additional features.
Skoda Rapid Onyx Features
Let’s have a quick look at what the new version of Skoda’s C segment competitor gets in terms of the new features:
- The car gets many black design elements all across the exterior. The front grille is now all black in colour with a chrome surround. Exterior ORVM’s are also in gloss black colour. A gloss black decor has been added to the B pillar. Boot lid features a black garnish. There is also a gloss black side molding added to the car. All these elements give it a more sporty look.
- The car also features all-new 16-inch black coloured alloy wheels.
- Headlamp units on the car are projector ones and it gets white bulbs. These units also house the LED DRL’s.
- The car will be offered in two colour options, an all-new Lapiz Blue shade and a Candy White shade.
- On the inside, the Rapid Onyx gets a dual tone ebony sand interiors.
- It also features perforated beige with wood design leatherette upholstery.
- The steering wheel on the new version is a flat bottom one and comes leather wrapped with black stitching.
- The mats also feature black stitching on the new car.
- It now comes with an all-new 6.5-inch colour touchscreen infotainment system which supports Mirror Link, Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Skoda likes to calls it the “Drive”.
- There are 12-volt power sockets both on the front and rear consoles.
- The car also gets a black waste bin for the front door pocket.
- The rear windscreen now features a sun blind.
- There are scuff plates with Rapid inscriptions added to the car.
Skoda Rapid Onyx Engine & Transmission
The car will be offered with both petrol and diesel engines. These are similar to the standard Rapid versions. The diesel is a 1.5L TDI unit producing 110PS power and 250 NM torque. It comes mated to a 5 speed MT and a 7 speed DSG box. The petrol engine is a 1.6L MPI unit producing 105PS power and 153NM torque. It comes mated to a 5 speed MT and a 6 speed AT box.
Skoda Rapid Onyx Price (Ex-Showroom, India)
|Petrol MT||INR 975,000/-|
|Petrol AT||INR 1,099,000/-|
|Diesel MT||INR 1,158,000/-|
|Diesel AT||INR 1,273,000/-|