A few days back, brochure scans of Ford’s upcoming revelation EcoSport made way over the worldwide web. It revealed a lot of details on the variants, trims, specifications and all what will be on offer on respective models.
However, one thing that everyone seems to be missing is ONE color option. What Ford iterated and reiterated at the Goa’s Media Drive event as well as a few official communications was that EcoSport will be offered in eight color options in India. However, in the brochure scans the total tally adds upto seven only. It lists the following colors:
Ford EcoSport Color Options (according to the leaked brochure):
- Mars Red
- Moondust Silver
- Kinetic Blue
- Diamond White
- Panther Black
- Sea Grey
So, where is the eighth color that Ford has been talking about?
A careful observation reveals that Ford has not listed the yellow color in the brochure. The yellow colored EcoSport has been spotted in India on tests (See Here). So, does that mean Ford will offer it at a later stage in the form of some sporty variant?
If we try and hunt around for what a few of the international markets have got where Ford has already launched the EcoSport, we see that Yellow color is NOT present. At least in China Ford has been caught testing the yellow colored EcoSport like India, however, even it doesn’t get this color on offer.
- Are the brochure scans true and final (Yes, they appear to)!
- If true, why did Ford promise 8 color options? Do they have plans for a wildcard entry for yellow?
Let us wait for the official details which will pour in at the launch of EcoSport which is scheduled for this month.
Further Reading on EcoSport:
- Ford EcoSport Might Start at Rs 5.95 Lakh in India
- Ford EcoSport vs WagonR in Pics: a Quick Dimension Comparison!
- EcoSport to Offer India’s First Emergency Assistance System; All You Need to Know!
- Ford EcoSport Preview with 44 Pics