In an interesting but UNCONFIRMED development, sweet murmurs of a Rs 5.95 Lakh starting price tag for Ford EcoSport have reached our ears.
This speculative news comes from one vendor which supplies Ford a lot of vital compenents for EcoSport and possibly a few other cars as well. This is in line with the expectations and Ford’s promise of pricing the EcoSport at a competitive price tag.
If this is true then this price corresponds to the base EcoSport Ambiente variant with the 1.5L TiVCT petrol mill which it shares with the new Fiesta. EcoSport 1.5L petrol produces 112PS of peak power output and a maximum torque of 140Nm.
The base Ambiente variant will be available for 1.5L petrol and 1.5L diesel whereas the 1.0L EcoBoost will only come in the top 2 Titanium trims (More Details on EcoSport variants).
Going by the slideshot that was shared earlier, we can expect the 1.5L Ambient variant with the following features:
- Front Power Windows (Rear ones will be manual)
- Electric Power Assisted Tilt and Telescopic Steering
- Front Power Source (No rear source)
- 15 inch steel wheels with wheel covers (No 16″ inchers and without alloy wheels)
- Body colored bumpers
- Remote Central Locking
- Electric ORVMs with turn indicators
- Audio System with Radio, Aux-in, USB and bluetooth
In short, even the base variant seems to be sufficiently loaded and comes with a lot of features that others might not have offered at this price tag. At 5.95 Lakh, EcoSport will be a direct threat to all the premium hatchbacks as well as compact sedans in its segment.
What is confirmed is that EcoSport will be launched in June and deliveries will start from July. Launch date remains speculative at 11th June.
- EcoSport Preview & 44 Pic Gallery
- EcoSport to Offer India’s First Emergency Assistance System; All You Need to Know!
- EcoSport Crashed in Goa; Ford’s Emergency Assistance Rescues Lives
- Ford EcoSport vs WagonR in Pics: a Quick Dimension Comparison!
- Upcoming 1L EcoBoost is Ford’s Highest Power per Liter Engine in the World [w Torque Graph]