After getting unveiled at the Indonesia International Motor Show 2013 last week, a production-version of the Honda Mobilio MPV has been captured in Indonesia. It was probably undergoing testing on those roads.It has been said that the Mobilio will be launched commercially in Indonesia early next year. Soon after, it could make its way over to India. The spyshot of the Mobilio suggests that things are in an advanced phase for the Mobilio’s tryst with Indonesia. We wouldn’t be surprised if spyshots of it in India start cropping up soon.
The test vehicle was clad in silver paint, which Honda likes to call “Alabaster Silver”. We can also see that the alloy wheels have been changed from the ones that were displayed at the auto show in Indonesia. Other than that, the test mule stays true to the proportions and features of the Honda Mobilio MPV that was on display at the auto show.
Mobilio is an MPV from Honda based on the platform of the Honda Brio. Honda had officially unveiled way back that it will be launching a MPV to take on the Ertiga. Here are some details :
- Mobilio is 4.4 meter in length
- It has 185mm of ground clearance
- Mobilio has a wheelbase of 2650mm
- Honda will offer Mobilio with the 1.5L petrol i-VTEC motor along with an optional automatic transmission in Indonesia. However, in India Honda will also offer Mobilio with the extremely fuel efficient 1.5L i-DTEC diesel motor from Amaze.
- Interiors sharing a lot of commonality with Brio and Amaze is obvious.
- The third row also appears to have good thigh support as well as decent legroom.
Indonesian prices for the Mobilio range from 150-180 million Indonesian Rupiah. This translates to INR 8.41 lakhs to INR 10.09 lakhs. Ahoy!!
When it comes to India, it will be placed right under the throat of Ertiga and we are sure we are all set for a definitely fist fight!
Now, that you have seen the MPV, will you prefer it over Ertiga?
Source – AutoNetMagz