For all of you who love Fiat (like us), you have some real interesting preposition to look forward to. The name is Linea Classic!
Linea Classic is basically the same Linea albeit with some feature slashes to reduce costs and prepare space for the upcoming Linea facelift. In a latest, Linea Classic has been snapped inside out by Motortrend.in and what we are happy about is that Fiat has not tinkered with the basic design of the car.
Linea Classic looks as classy as the current Linea and carries the design forward in almost the same elegance. Yes, there are changes as expected. What we see here is listed below:
- First up, the Linea Classic badging at the bootlid.
- This car in pics sports steel wheels with wheel caps borrowed from the younger sibling, Punto. There is a big possibility of Linea Classic ditching the alloy wheels completely.
- Steering Controls, Blue & Me are omitted
- Dashboard is also more utilitarian and appears to share Punto’s bits
- Expected Detuned Engines. While Linea Classic will continue with the same set of 1.3L MultiJet diesel engine as well as the 1.4L petrol motor, they are expected to be in lower tunes.
The most significant feature Linea Classic will come with is the expected huge price cut! Fiat has cleared that Linea Classic will play in the lower C segment which is dominated by Maruti Dzire and Honda Amaze and has players like Toyota Etios, Chevrolet Sail among others.
It is in this list, Fiat will have to make a mark in a hope to do what they intend to.
Fiat Linea Classic Launch
In an official invite mailer we have received, Fiat has confirmed that Linea Classic will be launched tomorrow in Delhi. Proceedings will be presided over by Mr. Nagesh Basavanahalli, President and Managing Director of Fiat Chrysler India. Event starts at 12:30pm. Do join us for tomorrow for updates from the venue.
A 5.99 Lakh ex-showroom will do it for us, what about you 😉
Also Read: List of all upcoming Fiat cars in India