Barely a few days back, the first ever shots of Honda Amaze sputter out on the world wide web. And now it becomes apparently clear, through these new spyshots, that it will share almost everything with the smaller sibling, Brio hatch.
Published at Team-Bhp, these pics of the upcoming Honda Amaze appear to have been taken at a dealership. We have already talked about the exterior changes, these new set of spyshots also reveal the interiors of the car. So, what are the main pointers here, lets talk about them:
- Similar to the difference between Swift and Dzire, Amaze will be distinguished by this different grille with two horizontal lines running across instead of a prominent one on Brio.
- There is a new top of the line VX variant which Amaze will come with. Brio will get this a little later.
- Bumpers have also been changed and are completely body colored with fog lamps. This is true for the VX variant at least. For the remaining variants, it remains to be seen.
- The rear appears to have taken cues from a lot of cars. The thick chrome strip looks to be done a little too much. It could have been smaller and lesser prominent to the eye.
- The rear tail lamps appear to look similar to Chevy’s Sail.
- Amaze will also get different set of alloys from Brio along with possibly the same 175mm 14 inch tyres. This car carries MRF ZVTV tyres.
- On the interior, it really is a difficult task to identify if you are inside a Brio or Amaze. Right from the dials assembly, to the dashboard everything strikes a stark resemblance with Brio.
- Amaze still comes with Honda’s OEM music system with no support to play CDs, similar to Brio.
- The seats still get integrated headrests and appear exactly similar to Brio. Doors are not completely beige and get a combo of grey as well.
- The big respite comes with the reportedly better leg space at the rear.
What the Amaze will bring with it for us is Honda’s first diesel engine for India. Along with the same 1.2L IVTEC petrol motor, Amaze will also be powered by a 1.5L EarthDreams diesel engine specifications of which are not known yet.
Honda Amaze Launch
Honda is slated to launch Amaze towards the second and third week of April. There are different claims of dates but the good thing is that they all fall around the same period. Speculations point at Honda’s intents of aggressive pricing for Amaze. We expect it to be priced slightly over Dzire. With, a lot of information in hand, do you feel Amaze will do a Dzire for Honda?
Honda Amaze Pics
Pics Source: Team-Bhp