Just a day after Mahindra officially announced 18th March to be the launch date of the electric car e2o, we come up with more spy pics of the other upcoming product from their stables – Verito compact!
Mahindra has been busy testing the sub 4 meter version of their sedan, Verito and it has been caught a few times earlier as well. Today we also have a few spyshots which give us a quick glimpse of the interiors as well. These new pictures of Verito compact are shared by our ardent follower, Vijay Ganesh who caught the mule in Kollathur in Chennai. The mule is carrying load at the rear to simulate real life conditions.
What we know and what new we can make out from these pics
- Front fascia of Verito CS looks exactly the same as the existing Verito. We would expect at least a wee bit of changes on the new car.
- The main change is the chopped rear boot which makes it look more of a notchback or more aptly, a slightly longer hatchback with a small protruding trunk
- The tail lamps move onto the C-Pillar and look more of an extension of the roof rails
- We have already revealed that, however small it is, its only the rear boot which is openable similar to normal sedans.
- The interiors also appear to be the similar dual tone which is on the expected lines, since it would save Mahindra a lot of costs by parts sharing.
- The new Verito CS will come only in diesel avatar with the same 1.5L K9K motor from Renault. MotorBash readers were the first to get a hint of this, way back in July last year, much before the first ever test mules of the car hit the roads.
With this new offering, Mahindra will be gunning not only the Dzire but also hatchbacks like Swift, i20 among others. And, if the interior space has not been compromised, the two big USPs that would go in favor of the car will be – its price and the interior space. Launch of this Verito CS is expected within a couple of months.
You can also read Four Advantages Verito CS Might Have Over Dzire
Mahindra Verito CS Spyshots