Thanks to swami.n, a watchful Team-BHP reader, we have some more spyshots of Nissan Terrano, the last rebadged product from the Nissan-Renault alliance. This time, however, two test mules have been caught red-handed.
Both of them were spotted at K.K. Nagar in Chennai, and were wearing the same camouflage that had been seen in the earlier spottings. We assume that Nissan is testing both the 4×2 and 4×4 versions at the same time.
Earlier, the Terrano had been spotted twice in Chennai. The presence of the parent company’s manufacturing facility within the city limits also provides an explicit hint. Nissan has officially released the sketches of the Terrano, and their website says “Coming Soon” !!
Here are the main pointers about Nissan Terrano :-
- Though it is looks similar to the Duster from the rear, the front is definitely sharper, if we go by the sketches.
- Terrano is expected to be a more premium version as compared to the Renault Duster. Hence, it could have better interiors.
- Terrano will also be equipped with a 4-Wheel Drive and this might fulfill the appetite of all those customers who are waiting for a 4-Wheel Drive on the Duster.
- Interestingly, Terrano will share both the engines and all the three engine tunes of the Duster.
- The biggest setback, though, is the speculation that Terrano will come at a premium than the already overpriced Duster!
We expect Terrano to address the shortcomings of Duster and come out as a very worthy alternate. Since, it is essentially the same product, the latter is expected to be fulfilled, however, we urge Nissan to consider launching it at a more competitive tag than what Duster comes at. A launch speculated near September will go a long way in boosting responses, thanks to the festive spirit.
Also Read: EcoSport Versus Duster. Which ONE?