At an event in Mumbai, Tata Motors has launched their second new product from the Horizonext strategy – Bolt. Bolt is a B2-segment hatchback and comes pretty loaded with some attractive features even on the lesser variants.
- Like Zest, Bolt comes with Multi Drive modes – Sport, Eco and City; a first in the segment
- Tata tells us that Bolt has been designed at Tata’s Design studios in Pune, Coventry (UK) and Turin (Italy).
- Bolt will be manufactured at Tata’s Pimpri plant.
- Sales of Bolt start from today
- The car comes with a 3 year/1 Lakh kms warranty and free 24×7 Roadside Assistance service for 3 years
- Tata is offering 3 services free (upto 30,000 kms or 2 years)
- Tata says that their 1.2L Revotron engine has undergone 300,000 hours of testing
Tata Bolt Engines
Tata is offering the Bolt with the following engine options
- 1.2L Revotron petrol: This turbocharged petrol engine produces best-in-class power output of 90PS at 5000 RPM and peak torque of 140Nm between 1500-4000 rpm.
- 1.3L Quadrajet diesel: This Fiat-sourced diesel engine produces 75PS of power output at 4000 rpm and 190Nm of torque from 1750 to 3000 rpm. There is no 90PS version on offer at this moment
Tata Bolt Fuel Efficiency
According to Tata, Bolt returns the following fuel efficiencies (ARAI certified)
- Bolt Revotron Petrol: 17.57 kmpl
- Bolt Quadrajet Diesel: 22.95 kmpl
*under test conditions
Tata Bolt Color Options
Bolt is available in the following 5 color options
- Venetian Red
- Pristine White
- Platinum Silver
- Sky Grey
- Dune Beige
Bolt Variants and Prices
Bolt is offered in 4 variants each for diesel and petrol. Here is the list along with their ex-showroom prices
- Tata Bolt XE Petrol : Rs 4,44,993
- Tata Bolt XM Petrol : Rs 5,15,991
- Tata Bolt XMS Petrol : Rs 5,40,112
- Tata Bolt XT Petrol : Rs 6,05,893
- Tata Bolt XE Diesel : Rs 5,49,950
- Tata Bolt XM Diesel : Rs 6,11,446
- Tata Bolt XMS Diesel : Rs 6,34,792
- Tata Bolt XT Diesel : Rs 6,99,839
*all Prices Ex-showroom Delhi
So, you like the deal…?