We all remember the Tata Marcopolo, a luxurious bus that was showcased at the Auto Expo, New Delhi early in January 2012. Now, Tata Motors has launched two new buses for the Indian market, aiming at the growing demands of luxury coaches for intercity and intra-city transportation. Namely, the two buses are called Divo and Starbus Ultra. We’ll brief the discussion by summing up the features.
- Designed by Hispano Carrocera (Tata’s Subsidery inSpain).
- Fully air conditioned.
- Optional heater option.
- Optional refrigerator option.
- DVD Entertainment system with 2 LCD Screens.
- Plug point for charging mobile and laptop.
- Public address system.
- Destination display board.
- Cummins ISBe 6.7 litre Turbocharged Intercooler Diesel Engine.
- Power: 285 BHP @ 2500 RPM, Torque: 970 Nm @ 1600 RPM, Top Speed: 114 kmph.
- 6-Speed ZF Manual Transmission.
- BS III Emission Norms compliant
- Anti Lock Braking System (ABS).
- Power steering.
- Full Air Suspension
- 17.9 Meter turning radius.
- Price starts from INR 66 Lakhs
TATA Starbus Ultra
- Widest chassis in its class.
- Different wheelbase option available with sitting capacity of 22 and 46 passengers respectively.
- Available in 4 variants: Deluxe, School, Standard and Luxury.
- 135º Recline Angle Push-Back Seats.
- Powered By Tata 497 Turbocharged Intercooler Engine
- Power: 123 BHP @ 2400 RPM, Torque: 400 Nm @ 1300 RPM, Top Speed: 101 kmph.
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission.
- Power steering as standard fitment.
- Prices start from 15 lacs INR.
Mr. Ravi Pisharody, President, Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors said: “Tata Motors has always been at the forefront in revolutionizing passenger transportation in the commercial vehicle segment. With the introduction of the Tata Divo and the Tata Starbus Ultra the company will more comprehensively address the burgeoning need of public transportation. These two buses are sure to migrate the world of passenger transportation to a completely new level of class and technology coupled with comfort and convenience.”