Tata has tried another shot in the arm at the ailing Nano with the launch of new Nano Twist which comes with a host of betterments, most importantly the introduction of a power steering.
So here is a quick list of bits that you must know about Nano Twist:
- Nano Twist is available in XT version which replaces the earlier top of the line LX variant
- Nano Twist comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) with brushless motor technology and Active Return feature
- Introduction of new Damson Purple colour to the lineup.
- Nano Twist comes with better-quality and sporty beige interiors and chrome ascents (Dazzle Blue gets sporty black interiors)
- It also gets new gearshift console
- The instrument cluster also goes through a makeover and includes Trip computer and driver information system
- Nano Twist gets bluetooth connectivity and four speaker AmphiStream music system with USB and Aux-in port.
- It also gets remote keyless entry for comfort
With the introduction of power steering on the Nano, Tata takes another step closer to making (and marketing) it as a small city car, an image away from it being the ‘cheapest car’ in the market.
Brushless Motor for the power steering helps increase the internals of the EPAS. Active Return feature brings the steering back to its original straight position as soon as it is released.
Nano Twist is powered by the same 624cc water cooled 2 cylinder petrol engine which produces 38PS of power output and 51Nm of torque. Nano Twist returns ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 25.4kmpl.
New Nano Twist Colour Options:
Nano Twist is available in the following 6 colour options
- Damson Purple
- Pearl White
- Royal Gold
- Papaya Orange
- Meteor Silver
- Dazzle Blue
Nano Twist Price:
Nano Twist is launched at a price of Rs 2.36 Lakhs if we are to believe the official press release, however, the official site of Nano lists Nano Twist XT’s price tag as Rs 2,37,831 ex-showroom in Delhi. Tata will launch Nano Twist phasewise across the nation.
Nano Twist Brochure:
Click on the following pic to open Nano Twist brochure in pdf
So, do you think Nano Twist with power steering and all the features at this price tag makes it a luring prospect and enough for you to head over to the closest Tata dealership?
Also Check Out: Xclusive: Tata Grande Renamed as Movus; Launch at Auto Expo