Dr Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover CEO, said: “Innovation in design, engineering and technology is at the core of our business and for the UK, this means we will continue to invest in new products, develop new technologies and enhance the skills of our employees.”
He also added, “The launch of our latest Jaguar models, including the new XF Sportbrake later this year, means it is a very exciting time for Jaguar. These new models will attract new customers to the brand as we look to expand our global reach and further enhance our position in the market.”
Commenting on the new jobs, Des Thurlby, HR Director at JLR said: “We have embarked on the most ambitious recruitment campaign in the company’s history, hiring 8,000 people in the last two years. We provide high quality training and development for all of our employees so this latest announcement for 1,100 jobs is great news for the West Midlands and the UK supply chain.”
The company also anticipates thousands of new jobs in UK supply chain because of these new Jaguar models. JLR has ambitious plans of delivering 40 significant product actions in the coming five years. The Castle Bromwich plant will this year manufacture the new 2013 Model Year XF and XJ ranges which will have new powertrains and transmissions for greater efficiency, technology and choice.
JLR would also launch XF Sportbrake to the XF family and calls it the most versatile Jaguar built till now. In the first six months of the year, Jaguar has sold more than 29,000 vehicles globally, which is a 19 per cent increase against the same period last year. All of Jaguar’s key markets, including China, UK, USA and Europe, have delivered year on year sales improvements.
Few Interesting Facts About Jaguar Land Rover
- JLR’s advanced manufacturing facility at Castle Bromwich manufactures the Jaguar XF, XK and XJ models, and exports nearly 80 per cent of its production to 101 markets worldwide.
- As the UK’s largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 24,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- JLR is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- JLR has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- JLR is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with wonderfully rich heritage and incredibly powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, JLR is at the centre of the UK automotive industry’s drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.