Fortuner, with its butch and mean looks, is consistently segment’s best seller despite being a little overpriced for what it offers in India.
Toyota launched a limited edition TRD Sportivo a few months back to keep the freshness in the product alive. And now, the Japanese major has introduced a 5-Speed Automatic Transmission to its lineup in the wake of rising competition around it.
- The 5-Speed Auto box will replace the current 4-speed
- TRD Sportivo which was introduced as a limited edition is now made a regular grade
- New Pearl White Mica color has also been made available in all grades
- Toyota introduced Fortuner in August 2009 in India
- Since its launch, this big SUV has sold more than 41,000 units in India
- All the variants which were available in 4-speed Auto will be available in 5-speed Automatic transmission now.
- Bookings for the new variant will start from 18th Jan.
We thank all our customers for their response because of which Fortuner continues to be an undisputed leader ever since its launch in 2009 in India.”
New Fortuner Lineup
- Fortuner 4×2 MT
- Fortuner 4×2 5-Speed AT
- Fortuner4X4 MT
- Fortuner 4×2 MT TRD Sportivo (Now a regular variant)
- Fortuner 4×2 5-Speed AT TRD Sportivo (Now a regular variant)
New 5-Speed Automatic Fortuner Price (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
- Fortuner 5-speed AT 4×2 : Rs 22,33,000
- Fortuner 5-speed AT 4X2 TRD Sportivo : Rs 22,93,000
- Fortuner 4×2 MT TRD Sportivo : Rs 21,96,668
This move is definitely a resultant of increased competition. Rexton is the latest entrant in this segment which comes with a 5-speed Automatic gearbox. We also expect a slight increase in the fuel efficiency of Fortuner with the new 5-speed Auto.