Toyota has launched a new redesigned version of their Corolla Axio which is a sedan and Corolla Fielder which is sold in Japan as a station wagon.
- Corolla Axio is powered by 1.3L and 1.5l gasoline engine options.
- The new car is shorter from the earlier version by 50mm while the rear passenger knee space is increased by 40mm.
- Minimum turning radius has been reduced by 0.2m to 4.9m.
- The windshield has been deeply rounded to the sides
- Front pillars have been made narrower and shifted towards the rear.
- A new color has been added to Corrolla Axio’s lineup – Mellow Silver Metallic.
- Toyota promises a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl for the 1.3L engine whereas the 1.5L engine is expected to return 20 kmpl (both figures under test)
- Corolla based on this Japanese Corolla Axio might come to India.