It was coming; we had spotted it long back and it is here finally! Volkswagen has launched Jetta petrol in India. Jetta petrol is available in two variants Trendline and Comfortline at Rs 13.6 Lakhs and Rs 15.07 Lakhs (ex showroom New Delhi) respectively.
The Jetta petrol has a 1.4L TSI egine which produces 120bhp of power output and 20.4kgm (200Nm) of torque and is makted with a six-speed manual transmission. Other features of the car are :
- Navarra alloy wheels and 205/55 R 16 tyres.
- Rear fog lights
- Indicators on the side mirrors.
- Leatherette seat upholstery.
- Leather package for steering wheel, gear shift knob and hand brake grip.
- Rear AC vents for comfort.
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- 6 Airbags
- Hill hold control
- Electronic engine immobilizer.
- 6 Color options
Now the car is priced higher if we consider the segment it is put in, which happens to be a diesel market majorly. And with launches all around it, read Cruze (obviously diesel), Hyundai Elantra and others, how would Jetta fare? Let us wait for a few months sales data to analyze if the petrol version addition does take Jetta’s sales north.
Jetta petrol will be on sale from 1st July.