Suddenly the D-segment has started to look interesting! Octavia made a comeback with a lot of positive views from the media. Chevrolet launched a facelifted Cruze barely a few days back.
And here comes the official press information about the new Volkswagen Jetta which we have been talking for the last few days. So here are the main pointers and features of the new Jetta:
- Xenon headlamps with headlamp washers
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Dual Zone Climatronic AC
- New 16 inch Alloy Wheels
- 12-way Electrically adjustable driver’s seat
- 60:40 split folding rear seat
- front and rear mounted proximity sensors
- Bluetooth compatible music system
- Digital Instrument Panel with MFD (Multi Function Display)
- Cruise Control
- Paddle Shifters for DSG Gearbox
- ABS, ESP and 6 Airbags
New Jetta Facelift Engine Options & Transmission Options:
Jetta continues with the 2.0L TDI diesel motor which produces maximum power output of 140 horses and peak torque of impressive 320Nm.
The other engine is the 1.4L TSI petrol motor which churns out 122 hp of peak power and 200Nm of max torque.
Along with a 6-Speed manual transmission, VW is offering the new Jetta with a 6-Speed DSG Automatic gearbox on the 2.0L TDI diesel mill and it is available only in the highline trim. There is NO automatic variant with the 1.4L TSI motor.
New Jetta Facelift Fuel Efficiency:
New Jetta is ARAI rated as;
- 1.4l TSI Petrol (Manual): 14.69 kmpl
- 2.0L TDI Diesel (Manual): 19.33 kmpl
- 2.0L TDI Diesel Automatic: 16.96 kmpl
New VW Jetta Trims/Variants:
New Jetta facelift is available in three trim levels and hence you have the following options to chose from:
- VW Jetta 1.4L TSI Trendline MT
- VW Jetta 1.4L TSI Comfortline MT
- VW Jetta 2.0L TDI Trendline MT
- VW Jetta 2.0L TDI Comfortline MT
- VW Jetta 2.0L TDI Highline MT
- VW Jetta 2.0L TDI Highline AT
The 1.4L TSI is not available in the top highline trim and the automatic 2.0L TDI is available only in the highline trim.
New VW Jetta Price:
New Jetta starts from Rs 13.70 Lakhs (which will be for the 1.4 Trendline) and goes all the way upto Rs 19.43 Lakhs (for the 2.0L TDI highline AT) ex-showroom Delhi. VW has not mentioned individual prices for all the trims.
New Jetta Brochure:
Since the brochure is a hefty 8-9MB pdf file; you can click here and open it in your browser.