After being on and off the spies, Volkswagen has revealed the 2013 Beetle Cabriolet before its official unveiling at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show.
Volkswagen claims that the roof can cover up in just 10 seconds. New Volkswagen Beetle cabriolet would also be offered with a 2.0L diesel engine.
This convertible is powered by 3 engine options:
- 2.5L 5 cylinder 170hp engine mated to a 6 speed Automatic Transmission
- 2.0L turbocharged 4 cylinder 200hp mill with options of 6 speed manual or 6 speed dual-clutch gearbox
- 2.0L 4 cylinder 140hp turbo diesel mill coupled with 6 speed manual or 6 speed DSG gearbox
New Beetle convertible would be launched in America towards the end of this year and that is when Volkswagen would announce the prices of the new car. In Europe, however, there would be as many as 6 engine options:
- 1.2L TSI 104hp petrol
- 1.2L TSI 104hp with VWs fuel saving BlueMotion Technology package
- 1.4L TSI 158hp petrol engine
- 2.0L TSI 197hp petrol
- 1.6L TDI 103hp diesel engine
- 2.0L TDI 138hp diesel engine
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook
And here is the 2013 Volkswagen Cabriolet Picture Gallery