After spending some time in hibernation mode, Executive Sedans are quietly scampering back to life. It all began with the Legend making a comeback, following which the mighty, muscular Cruze sauntered in with few changes. And the next one in line is the Volkswagen Jetta!
The current-edition Jetta was introduced in India in 2011. Two years down the line, we are about to see some exterior changes and a few feature additions.
Here is the complete list :
Exterior Changes :
- Refreshed headlamps cluster
- Inclusion of DRL accents on the headlamps
- New alloy wheel patterns on some variants
Other than the above couple, everything else remains in mint condition. The engine grille, front and rear bumpers as well as tail-lights remain intact.
Feature Additions :
- Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights on the Highline variant
- Automatic climate control will be a standard feature on all variants
- Trendline and Comfortline variants get new ‘Sedona’ alloy wheels
- Headlight washer included on the Highline variant
Powertrain Changes :
- 1.4 Litre Petrol TSI Motor with peak stats of 122 PS and 200 Nm of torque.
- 2.0 Litre diesel TDI Motor with peak stats of 140 PS and 320 Nm of torque.
Two sets of trannies are available; one is the 6-Speed automatic version whereas the other one is a 6-Speed DSG Automatic Gearbox.
Jetta Facelift Prices :
The feature list and exterior changes are not where the gravy train stops. The prices of the Jetta facelift have been leaked, too.
VW Jetta facelift Diesel (ex-Showroom, Mumbai)
- Trendline MT – Rs.14,78,091
- Comfortline MT – Rs.16,21,452
- Highline MT – Rs.18,21,617
- Highline AT – Rs.19,05,730
VW Jetta facelift Petrol (ex-Showroom, Mumbai)
- Trendline MT – Rs.13,48,128
- Comfortline MT – Rs.14,91,142
VW Jetta facelift Diesel (ex-Showroom, rest of India)
- Trendline MT – Rs.15,03,313
- Comfortline MT – Rs.16,50,970
- Highline MT – Rs.18,58,178
- Highline AT – Rs.19,43,842
VW Jetta facelift Petrol (ex-Showroom, rest of India)
- Trendline MT – Rs.13,70,000
- Comfortline MT – Rs.15,17,000
It is being said that Volkswagen will launch the Jetta facelift in India in the coming weeks. Since the Legend (Skoda Octavia) is actually back by receiving around a thousand bookings in a short time, we feel the Jetta could also gatecrash in on the party.