Mercedes Benz India launched the smaller ML250 CDI in October with a price tag of Rs 45.64 lakh (ex-showroom Pune).
It’s the second inclusion of the M-Class line-up in India, and is placed under the superior and more expensive ML350 CDI (Rs. 56.9 Lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi). The ML250 CDI will be assembled in India via semi-knocked-down kits and is powered by a smaller engine, which means it is going to be cheaper and Mercedes Benz India is ready to counter the BMW X3 and Audi Q5.
Let’s sum up the features of the ML250 CDI:
- 2.2-Litre Twin turbocharged diesel engine
- 206 PS of power ans 500 Nm of Torque
- 7G-Tronic Plus transmission
- 4WD power-train system
- Bi-Xenon headlamps
- LED Day Time Running Lamps
- Intelligent light system
- Electric Sunroof
- 18-Inch alloy wheels
- Anti lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist and Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Acceleration skid control
- 7 Airbags
- ECO Start-Stop function
- Attention Assist
- Electric Parking Brake
- Active Parking Assist
There’s no doubt that the Three Pointed Star continues to hold the tag for making world’s safest cars! Mercedes Benz has dressed up to face the competition in India. But the question remains: Would you buy this ML250 CDI over BMW X3 or Audi Q5?