At an event in Delhi, Mahindra has launched their 2015 XUV500 which they are calling as ‘the New Age XUV500’! Originally launched in September 2011, the new XUV500 comes with a list of over 30 new features and a couple of new variants. Let us first list the key pointers from launch…
Key Pointers from Launch
- 2015 XUV500 gets a new face and changes to the interiors (new black and beige dual tone)
- Mahindra has added a top W10 trim to the lineup which is available in two variants – FWD and AWD
- This takes the total tally of variants to 6 (from the older 4)
- Interestingly, Mahindra compared the features and price of the new XUV500 with Innova (the extremely overpriced MPV) and Corolla Altis (the most underpowered D-segment car in the world!)
- The company has not played too much with the pricing which means the crossover remains one of the most luring in anything between 10 to 20 lakhs!
- Front looks are a mixed bag – Some may still praise the older car’s design and some may like the new fresher layout.
New 2015 XUV500 Features
- Electric sunroof with anti pinch
- New 10-spoke alloy wheels on 17 inch tyres
- ORVM Logo projection lamps
- New static bending projector headlamps with light guides
- 6-way power adjustable driver seat
- Passive keyless entry
- Push Button start/stop
- 7 inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, Bluetooth, Aux and Mahindra Blue Sense
- New Brake Regeneration System
- Reverse Parking Camera with dynamic assist
- voice messaging system
- 6-airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP-9, Hill-descent control
- Disc brake on all 4 wheels
- Mahindra claims the new 2015 XUV comes with better ride and handling as well
XUV500 Variants & Prices
New 2015 XUV500 starts from the same price of Rs 11.21 Lakhs and here is the variantwise break-up
- XUV500 W4: Rs 11.21 Lakhs
- XUV500 W6: Rs 12.48 Lakhs
- XUV500 W8 FWD: Rs 14.18 Lakhs
- XUV500 W8 AWD: Rs 14.99 Lakhs
- XUV500 W10 FWD: Rs 14.99 Lakhs
- XUV500 W10 AWD: Rs 15.99 Lakhs
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
The prices of the entry level W4 and W6 have not changed at all. The W8 FWD gets dearer by 11,000 and at the price of W10 FWD you can get the W8 AWD! Very impressive pricing of all the variants for what the SUV offers!
2015 XUV500 Engine & Fuel Efficiency
The new XUV500 facelift continues to be driven by the same 2.2 liter MHAWK diesel engine producing the same 140 bhp of peak power and 330Nm of maximum torque. However, Mahindra says that there have been a few tweaks that have been carried out to make it more responsive and improve overall efficiency.
The new XUV500 comes with an ARAI approved fuel efficiency of 16 kmpl from the earlier 15.1 kmpl.
2015 XUV500 Color Options
Mahindra is offering the new XUV500 in 7 color options
- Pearl White
- Volcano Black
- Moondust Silver
- Dolphin Grey
- Tuscan Red
- Opulent Purple
- (New) Sunset Orange
Sales of the new XUV500 will start from today itself.