To promote sustainability of environment and usage of clean energy, Mahindra Reva has launched the emission-free electric vehicle e2o in Bhutan. Prime Minister of Bhutan, Tshering Tobgay and Dr Pawan Goenka, Chairman of Mahindra Reva Electric were present during the MoU signing and the launch.
Mahindra Reva e2o will be a panacea to Bhutan’s mobility requirements, as it will provide eco-friendly and affordable transport solutions for its citizens and tourists. After the launch of e2o, Mahindra Reva will soon follow it up with the launch of other vehicles from the electric vehicle portfolio.
The e2o will be available in three variants in Bhutan.
- 6.99 Ngultrum for the base variant
- 7.99 Ngultrum for the premium variant
- 8.39 Ngultrum for the premium variant with Quick2Charge
*all prices (ex-showroom Bhutan)
The partnership that has been inked between Mahindra and the Government of Bhutan goes much beyond than just the launch of the vehicle. Under the partnership, the Government of Bhutan will strive to provide the necessary charging infrastructure for the e2o electric vehicle as well as all other future electric vehicles that will be launched by Mahindra in Bhutan. Mahindra, on the other hand, will work towards maintaining an effective servicing network for the electric vehicles.
The e2o is an all-electric vehicle that has been developed by Mahindra Reva, the electric vehicle arm of the multi-billion dollar conglomerate led by Mr. Pawan Goenka. It features advanced technologies like monitoring of the car via a smartphone application and Quick2Charge facility. It boasts of regenerative braking system, which does its bit to recharge the batteries as the brakes are deployed.
Other features include :
- 15.5 cms (6.2 in.) touch screen, with factory fitted GPS navigation system
- Radio, DVD, Bluetooth and i-Pod connectivity
- Fully-digital instrument cluster
- Electrically operated wing mirrors
- Keyless entry & start / stop button
- Projector head lamps, LED tail lamps and Reverse camera
- 4 JBL speakers & 2 tweeters
The e2o also takes care of the safety of its occupants, through the following features :
- High strength steel space frame construction that cocoons the occupants
- Colour impregnated, dent resistant polymer body panels
- ISOFIX child seat mount with ALR seat belts
- Adjustable head rests for all 4 seats
- Large front crumple zone
- Dual side impact beams
- Hood designed for pedestrian impact safety
- Batteries under seat, ensuring a low center of gravity
The signing of the partnership goes beyond just corporate baloney. It is a matter of pride that an Indian company has tied up with the Government of Bhutan, and it will go a long way in cosying up geo-political ties amidst talks of Bhutan slipping away as an Indian ally into the orbit of China.
Related Reading: Mahindra e2o Price Slashed by 1.7 Lakhs; New Price Rs 4.99 Lakh!