After having waited eagerly for Maruti to launch the facelifted Ritz in India, the car is finally here. Maruti launched Ritz diesel yesterday which also includes a top-of-the-line ZDI variant.
Here we present pictures of actual car and how does it look in reality. We also list all the changes that we could visually identify from the outgoing model.
Visual Changes in New Facelifted Ritz:
- The headlamps are slightly stretched and has a longer beak towards the end.
- While the formation of indicators, bulb and parking remain the same, there is a little bulge for the parking light.
- The bonnet is more rounded now. It doesn’t slope down like in the earlier variant and in fact moves from the top of the front grille.
- The front grille and air-dam are changed. From the horizontal running lines of the earlier variant, the new grille is broader, has a u-shape from the bottom and also has vertical lines which look better for sure.
- New stylish fog-lamp housing.
- To accommodate all the above changes, a reworked bumper and it also has better flowing lines running across.
- We have generally seen JKTyre and MRF on Ritz, however, the new Ritz we saw had Bridgestone and Apollo Amazer.
- On the interiors, there are two trims we observed – red and black. The red Ritz had better looking red interiors including red colored dashboard. The white and Grey Ritz had black and grey interiors with regular grey colored dashboard.
- New spoiler at rear
- Funny as it may sound, but the much cribbed rear has not been touched a wee bit by Maruti.
- There doesn’t appear to be any change to the dashboard or the interiors of the car. One thing we noticed was the absence of the ash-tray in the cubbyhole at its regular place near the gear-stick on all the 3 cars we saw.
Here is a comparison pic of both the variants rear. Save for the spoiler there doesn’t appear to be any change.
Here is a pic of the interiors of the latest Ritz and the older Ritz. You see a few garnishings and tacho-meter missing because the left is a VDI variant of the latest Ritz and the right pic is the base LDI variant of older Ritz.
New Ritz Picture Gallery: Includes interior shots