DC Design has unveiled at the Expo 2 new concept cars, which are said to be production bound in 2016. The Eleron SUV and the cute Tia compact car, as the concepts are being called and were unveiled by Kareena Kapoor Khan and Dilip Chhabria, founder DC Design.
Tia is an ultra-compact mid-engine rear-wheel drive car built around space frame chassis with carbon composite bodywork. The 2-seater Tia is an open top stylish commuter with zestful drive characteristics.
The tiny Tia tips the scale at just 950 kg and comes with a 1.2-liter turbocharged petrol engine delivering a scary 120 bhp and 190 Nm. The transmission is 4-speed automatic driving the rear wheels. The top speed is electronically limited to 120 Kmph and the dash from 0-100 Kmph takes about 9 seconds. DC has plans to produce 500 units of Eleron and 1000 units of Tia per annum.
This peppy little 2-seater city runabout is another example of DC’s radical take on 4-wheeled personnel transports.
DC TIA Specifications:
- Engine: 1.2L petrol Turbocharged Euro 5 compliant
- Power & Torque: 120hp & 190Nm
- Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive
- Length x Width x Height: 2550mm x 1688mm x 1406mm
- Wheelbase: 1620mm
- Ground Clearance: 200mm
- Tyre Size: 18 inches
- Brakes: All Disc brakes
- Lighting: All LED with Bi-Halogen Headlamps
- Gross Vehicle Weight: 950kgs
- Max Speed: 160kmph (Limited)
- 0-100kmph: 9 seconds
- Turning Radius: 4 m
DC TIA Image Gallery:
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
Don't Miss This...
- Spied: India’s First Supercar – Production DC Avanti Caught Testing in Maharashtra
- Auto Expo: DC Launches ELERON SUV at Rs 35 Lakhs; Pics, Specs & Details
- India’s First Sportscar DC Avanti Spied Yet Again: Look at that Damn Low Height!
- India’s Own Supercar – DC Avanti Spied on Production Line; Deliveries Begin Soon
- One of Our Friend Spots the Mercedes F 015 on the Roads in San Francisco
- 2015 EcoSport Update Unveiled; Loses Rear Spare Wheel [Geneva]
- Nissan Sway Concept Unveiled at Geneva; May Shape Up as the Next-Gen Micra [Pic Gallery]
- Borgward Announces Future Plans in Geneva; Working on a Plug-in Hybrid
- Michelin Announces All-Weather CrossClimate Tyres