Today, Mercedes has sounded alarm bells for its competition with the launch of their smallest offering in India, the A-Class. A-Class was launched by Mr. Eberhard Kern, MD & CEO of Mercedes India at a glittering function in Mumbai.
Internationally, A-Class has been a revelation with more than 90,000 bookings within a few months of its launch.
Here are the main Features & Pointers of A-Class
- A-Class will create a new luxury compact hatch segment in India and is the first product in this segment.
- Launched in both petrol and diesel
- Targeted towards the youth, Mercedes is promoting it as the ‘Pulse of the New Generation’.
- Comes with 7G-DCT automated 7 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission
- 11 Drive Assistance Systems
- Direct Injection Turbocharger
- Sporty steering with paddle shifts
- Mercedes also claims that it is the most fuel efficiency luxury car with a range of 1000kms in a tankful of diesel.
- Standard Stop/Start function
- Comes with service packages like Star Ease and Star Care
- 7 Airbags, ESP (Electronic Stability Program), ASR (Acceleration Skid Control), ABS, Brake Assist, Attention Assist and Hill Start Assist
Mercedes A-Class Engines
- Petrol: 1.6L 4 cylinder petrol engine which produces 123 PS of power output at 5000 rpm and peak torque of 200Nm at 1250-4000rpm
- Diesel: 2.2L 4-cylinder diesel engine produces 109PS of power output at 3200-4400 rpm and a maximum torque of 250Nm at 1400-2800 rom
Mercedes A-Class Prices
- Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI Style (Diesel) : Rs 21,93,500
- Mercedes A-Class A 180 Sport (Petrol): Rs 22,73,500
Both prices introductory prices ex-showroom Mumbai.
We will come up with a detailed launch report on A-Class with more pictures from the venue towards the evening.