We know Tata is trying every bit to ensure Nano does well in the market. Readers of MotorBash were among the first to know about Tata Nano’s special edition.
Here we list all the details about Tata Nano Special Edition along with exclusive pics.
What is Tata Nano Special Edition
Essentially, it is the same Tata Nano with addition of a few accessories which Tata claim to be worth Rs 25,000. You get these accessories absolutely free of cost. Here is a pictorial list of all the additional accessories that the Nano special edition comes loaded with.
New Body Graphics:
Available only on the top LX variant, the special edition of Nano comes loaded with these graphics on either sides. The CX Special variant comes devoid of these graphics. There is also a “Special Edition” ticker on both the C-Pillars.
The Special Edition Tata Nano also comes with alloy wheels which make the car look sportier. This is probably the best feature of Nano Special Edition.
The Special Edition Nano is also loaded with glove boxes on both the sides.The driver’s side glovebox is lockable whereas the left hand side is not.
Notice the picture carefully and you would notice that Tata has put cushioning to prevent any noise coming out of these add-ons. However, these could have been put hidden and look bad. The quality of these boxes also looked cheap and could have been better – specially the opening and closing latches.
Here is a pic of normal Nano without any glove-boxes.
The Special Edition Nano also comes equipped with a Blaupunkt Car Audio system with MP3, USB and Aux-in. The model name is “Cupertino 220” and comes with a remote control. It also comes with speakers on front two doors. We did not hear the quality of sound but expect it to be as good or bad as an entry level audio system with front two speakers can create.
Few Important Pointers to Note
- The Special Edition Tata Nano is available only on the top two CX and LX variants and the base STD variant is not offered with any additional accessories.
- All the above accessories come fitted on both the CX and LX, just that the CX doesn’t get the side ‘Body Graphics’
- All these accessories come factory-fitted and are not dealer fitments.
- Nano Special Edition is not available everywhere.
- Here is the most important bit: If you buy the Nano this time, you get a discount of Rs 10,000. However, these Special Edition Nano’s do not come with any discount. Hence, if we consider the total price of these accessories to be equal to Rs 25,000, the total advantage you get from buying these equals to Rs 15,000.
Tata Nano Special Edition Price
The on-road price of Tata Nano is applicable to the Special Edition as well.
- Tata Nano Standard: Rs 1,72,924 (No Special Edition)
- Tata Nano CX: Rs 2,10,847
- Tata Nano LX: Rs 2,39,220
Above listed are On-Road prices in Pune. At these prices, you get the added features free of cost for CX and LX variants.
So, if you are in the market for Nano, this looks like the best time to buy it considering you get a lot of stuff, all free of cost and factory fitted which ensures you do not land up in trouble w.r.t the 4 years/60,000 kms warranty that Tata offers.