2017 Beat launch will be the first introduction in this series of three cars…
Chevrolet India is going through a tough time. All the cars sourced from the Chinese and South East Asian markets failed to get the desired results. The only car which has still managed to get some decent numbers for them has been the smart-looking Beat hatchback. The funky looks, motorcycle inspired dials and decent build quality have kept the car alive.
To build on their largest selling small car, the US based maker is going to lend it a comprehensive update, after what seems like an eternity now! Unlike the global model, which receives a new-gen version, the 2017 Beat is more of a comprehensive facelift for India, and is based on the existing car.
2017 Beat – New vs Old – Changes
Here is the list of changes we can notice….
- There will be a new bright orange colour on offer as these spy pics reveal.
- New tail-lamps
- Registration plate housing moves to the bumper. (Existing Beat has it on the tail gate)
- Rear reflectors are now spaced out a little.
- New headlamps which are less sporty but render a more mature look to the car
- The sleeker front grille now connects both the headlamps
- The front and rear bumpers are modified to accommodate the changes.
- On the interior front, the 2017 Beat comes with a redesigned dual-tone dashboard. It also gets a new instrument cluster along with a few other refreshments.
- 2017 Beat will get MyLink infotainment system which, when connected to a smartphone, mirrors its screen.
The exterior design, as expected, shares a lot of cues with the Essentia sedan and Beat Active – the other two cars being prepared by Chevrolet for our market (apart from the Next-Gen Trailblazer and New Cruze that are being planned after them).
If we talk about powertrains, expect 2017 Beat facelift to continue to be powered by the same 1.2 litre petrol and 1.0 litre diesel engines with minor tweaks to churn out higher overall efficiency.
While we are at this, we hope that Essentia (the sub 4 meter version of this Beat hatchback) will get the regular 1.3 liter four cylinder diesel engine. Chevrolet should offer it as an option (or even as standard) in one or more higher variants of Beat.
2017 Beat Launch
An internal company document has been leaked (pics credit Indianautosblog) which is a dialog from Chevrolet to its dealers. The document dated 28th April informs them about their program of introducing the new car in India.
The Mylink Infotainment system training has been scheduled around 15th May, technical training is set for this month and next whereas the media drives will be from 25th and 26th of May. Taking a pause for one full month, for reasons known only to Chevrolet, the 2017 Beat launch will take place during the third week of July!
It will be followed by the Essentia sedan which was earlier scheduled to arrive in March 2017.
Next Read: Chevrolet Beat Scores ZERO Star Crash Rating