Ever since its launch in June 2013, EcoSport has been on a rampage when we consider its demand. However, Ford has been keeping its Indian deliveries intentionally short on the wake of exports, simply because exports bring more money!
The compact SUV which is still running on huge waiting periods was re-opened for booking in May this year and in another advertisement today Ford has informed that many more of the waiting customers will get their cars delivered by the festive season, calling for more bookings at the same time.
So far, Ford has delivered more than 63,000 EcoSports to customers in the last 13 months, which averages to about 4800 cars per month, much lesser than its actual demand. Ford also informs that the company has ramped up production and the pace of deliveries will be better now.
Also notice the new starting prices of the car. When launched, EcoSport 1.5L petrol was priced at Rs 5.59 Lakhs, EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost petrol at Rs 7.9 Lakhs and EcoSport 1.5L TDCI diesel at Rs 6.69 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. However, within 13-14 months, following are the new prices…
EcoSport Latest Prices (ex-showroom Delhi):
- EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Ambiente: Rs 6.30 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Trend: Rs 7.25 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium: Rs 8.21 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT: 9.15 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium: Rs 8.61 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium (O): Rs 9.14 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Ambiente: Rs 7.35 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Trend: Rs 8.15 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium: Rs 9.15 Lakhs
- EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (O): Rs 9.69 Lakhs
That’s some handsome price increment and the worst thing is that even if you have been waiting for your car for many months, you are forced to buy the car at increased prices despite the company’s disability in delivering your car the day when you pre-book it. If you are sitting with a calculator in hand, you can compare it with the launch prices here.
Nonetheless, if we ignore all this mismanagement from Ford, EcoSport in all respects is a fantastic compact SUV by all standards. And if you are a fence sitter and can wait for a few months for your car, just go ahead with your heart!