Honda is now planning to reinforce its grip in Indonesia by the formation of the new automobile production plant at Karawang Industrial Park in a hamlet of Jakarta.
- The Japanese car manufacturing company held an innovative ceremony on Monday to kickstart construction of new plant, which was attended by the high ranking officials from the Ministry Of Indonesia and Takanobu Ito, Honda Motor Co.
- Honda also said that they will not only build automobiles in Indonesia to meet the needs of customers there but they are also planning to keep Indonesia as a key export base for the company for both completed vehicles and components.
- Honda has also revealed that it is also planning to build a new MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle) model based on Brio at the new plant.The company will begin manufacturing of the new car Brio Hatchback , which was initially developed for the Asian markets, at the new plant in 2014. So, is this the MPV that might make it to India?
- The new plant in Indonesia will have a predicted per annum production of 120,000 units. Simultaneously with the company’s total current volume of 60,000 units ,the Honda’s total annual production facility will be 180,000 units.
- The new plant in Indonesia will represent an investment of about US $326 million (3.1 trillion Rupiah as per currency of Indonesia) for Honda Motor Co.