Mahindra acquired Electric Motor Company Reva and the first outcome of the acquisition is the upcoming Reva NXR which would be called as E2O.
E2O was all set for a launch in November. Spyshots of the car have been doing rounds all over the internet with its testing in full swing. Meanwhile, there appears that Mahindra has landed upon some technical glitch. And the latest we hear, through their official Facebook page, is that the launch has been delayed.
It reads, “…our tentative launch schedule was to be this month so if there is a change it will not fluctuate too much beyond that! Matter of one or two months most…“. Considering that this reply was made in November, we expect Reva NXR aka E2O to be launched this month in December or it should not slip over January 2013.
E20 is a completely revamped version of the existing Reva. A 2-Door electric vehicle which can now seat 4 people inside more properly than the older version was capable of doing. At a single full charge, the car would be able to do 160 kms and is touted to possess better overall performance.
E2O also comes with innovative features like
- Auto-shut of charge when fully charged (even when the plug is on),
- You can also use E20 as a UPS to light your home in case of a power failure.
- The car requires 230Volt 15 Ampere socket to get fully charged in 6-8 hours
We expect E2O to be priced somewhere around the 6 Lac bracket. Check out our earlier spyshot articles
- Scoop: Mahindra Reva NXR Electric Car Spied, Diwali Launch Expected
- Spied Again! Mahindra Reva NXR Spotted in Delhi; Would be Called E2O