‘Too much adventure is never enough!’
That’s how Mahindra’s theme song goes, and to make that point even more prominent, Mahindra has launched a very special Adventure Edition of their off-roader Thar which will be limited to very few units.
Thar Adventure Edition Features:
Thar, one of the very few affordable hardcore 4×4 off-roaders available in India gets this minor cosmetic update and comes with the following features…
- New Java Brown paint scheme
- New body decals which graces the body in the form of a map and compass
- Head lamp and tail lamp protectors
- A new chaff to protect the radiator from damage
- Raised wheel arches made of black plastic to make it look rugged
- Black seat cover with orange piping and Adventure Edition embossed on them
- Refreshed centre console which resembles the one available as an accessory earlier
- Moulded floor mats
Only 30 units of the Thar Adventure Edition will be available for sale. The Limited Edition Thar is available only with the NEF TCi-CRDe engine which has an engine displacement of 2498cc and produces 105 horses of power at 3800 rpm and a peak torque of 247 Nm in the rev range of 1800-2000 rpm, all this with a 4WD! It also gets a Borgwarner (Manual Shift) with low reduction gear and a huge 60L fuel tank. The lesser DI variants of Thar are not available in this limited edition update.
There have been no words on the price but considering this is really limited, asking price may be steep. FYI, the regular Thar CRDe version costs Rs 7,37,201 ex-showroom in Delhi. With Gurkha’s (read review here) sales beginning soon, this may be Mahindra’s answer to Force which is the only true rival it has.