Mahindra shared with us these sales figures of Ssangyong motors for the month of September 2012. One of the important things which we could notice is that Ssangyong relies more on the exports market.
- SsangYong’s total sales for September 2012 stood at 10,147 units, higher by 6.8% from last September.
- Out of these domestic sales in Korea are 4036 units, 34.5% greater than corresponding September of 2011 and 8.9% greater than the last month of August 2012.
- Exports formed the majority of sales and recorded 6111 units. These are 12.5% greater than last month
- First time in last two months that Ssangyong has sold more than 4000 vehicles in the Korean market
- Sales of Korando C and Korando Sports increased by 7.8% and 9.1% whereas that of Rexton W decreased by 4.3% compared to last month
We already know Mahindra’s SsangYong Motors would be launching the flagship Rexton W SUV in India on the 17th of October. The next SUV from SsangYong’s stables is expected to be the Korando which has also been spied on Indian soil. Mahindra is also investing 1500 Crores to jointly develop a new car.
Here is the complete sales chart.
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook