Maruti Suzuki’s YRA, the premium hatchback with which Maruti is aiming to take on the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the upcoming Honda Jazz, has been spied again absolutely uncamouflaged, this time revealing its interiors as well!
Since the development is happening in India, the car can be expected to be launched pretty much in tune with its global unveiling sometime next year.
Thanks to the good folks at Motor Octane, we now know a lot more about the upcoming hatchback which will sit over Swift in India.
- The YRA is huge, possibly even longer than the Jazz. This should translate to great leg room and overall interior space.
- The boot appears to be real big and may be best in class.
- The ORVMs with integrated turn indicators are attached to the front doors and not the A-pillar. There is a rear spoiler as well!
- The head lamps are inspired from Swift but will get projectors in the top end. The tail lamps are not exciting either and appear to be a generation old design in these pics.
- The top end will get chrome plated door handles and five spoke alloy wheels while the base variant might get steel wheels.
- The touchscreen infotainment system gets chrome lining and the horizontal air con vents have a neat placement near the infotainment system.
- The dash board in general seems to be clutter free and sports a neat arrangement of buttons.
- The blue themed central information unit looks nice and appears clutter free as well.
This is a Left Hand Drive variant meant for international markets and the badging at the rear suggests that this is a Suzuki-spec car. Our Indian version may be slightly different. The YRA is still far away from its launch and will be launched sometime next year.