The wait is finally over. Today is 12th March 2012 and Mitsubishi-HM India has launched the All New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. The Pajero is a well-known for its enormous off-road capability. The SUV is priced INR Rs. 23.53 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi). We find the price is very optimistic considering its tough competitors like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Hyundai SantaFE. But many of the off-road enthusiasts and Pajero admirers will let a sigh out after knowing that currently Mitsubishi is offering only one variant of the New Pajero Sport.
As we know, the old Pajero SFX lacked some things and Mitsubishi has now included them all. So what’s new in the Pajero Sport? Let’s take a closer look:
- 4-Cylinder in-Line 16 Valve 2.5-Litre CRDE (Common Rail Diesel Engine) Turbocharged Intercooler Engine.
- 175 BHp @ 4000 RPM and 400 Nm @ 2000-2500 RPM.
- Newly Developed 5-Speed Manual Gearbox.
- Super-Select 4WD System.
- Limited Slip Differential (LSD) at the rear axle.
- Improved Ride Quality.
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels with 265/65 Tyres.
- Low Turning Radius of 5.6 Meters.
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution).
- Dual SRS front Air Bags.
- Rear Wiper.
- Reverse Camera and Rear Parking Sensors.
- Cruise Control.
- HID Projector Headlamps.
- Air Conditioning with Climate Control and All-Row Air Conditioning Vents.
- 2-Din MP3 Entertainment System with USB and Auxiliary Support.
- Multi Information Display with Touch-Screen that displays Barometer, Altimeter etc.
- All Leather Wrapped Seats.
- 6 Colors: White, Black, Red, Silver, Grey and Brown.
As of now, Mitsubishi will import the Pajero Sport as CBU (Completely Built Unit) from their Thailand Manufacturing Facility. They might switch to importing CKD (Completely Knocked Down) in the last part of 2012 and set up an assembly line in India. The booking of the Newly Launched Mitsubishi Pajero Sport will commence from 13th March, 2012.
According to sales, the Toyota Fortuner is the main rival for the Pajero Sport as the 4WD version of the Fortuner starts from INR 21.70 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi) only. Besides, the Fortuner has more popularity in terms of looks, and excellent service network. Though in last fiscal Pajero reported a sales growth rate of 28%, we still hope that the new version of the Pajero Sport will be marketed well. We’ll expect Mitsubishi to introduce a few more variants of the Sport model.
SOURCE : ZigWheels.com