Toyota India has launched the new 11th generation Corolla Altis in India. The biggest change is the way it looks – a lot fresher and younger. We share its brochure, price, pics and all details.
Clearly, for the first time it appears Toyota intends to reach out to the youth of the world. However, the biggest downer is the diesel engine. We will talk about it later.
- Toyota has so far sold more than 88,500 units of Corolla in India since its launch in 2003.
- Toyota claims Corolla to be the world’s largest selling sedan with over 40 million customers
- This is the 11th generation of the car, a record of sorts possibly
- New Corolla Altis was unveiled at the Auto Expo in India
- New Corolla is shorter by 5mm, which Toyota says, helps in better balance & aerodynamics
- The wheelbase is also 100mm longer
- Steering wheel angle changed from 24 degrees to 22 degrees to enhance driving position
- Seat can be vertically adjusted to 60mm now (Earlier it was 45mm)
- Sales are underway from today
New Corolla Altis Features:
- 16 inch alloy wheels
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- rear chrome garnish
- new radiator grille
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster
- New optitron meter with illumination
- Illuminated entry, cupholder and foot area
- Rain sensors
- New 7 inch LCD Touchscreen with voice command, USB, Bluetooth and Audio
- Rear reclining seat – Toyota claims is first in the segment
- Improved rear legroom
- Rear power socket
- Rear camera with display audio screen
- Brake assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on right hand side
- Dual SRS airbags
New Corolla Engine Options:
It may look like an all-new car from its fresher design, but Toyota has carried over the same set of engines. There is the very decent 1.8L Dual VVTi petrol engine which produces 140ps of peak power at 6400 rpm and 173Nm of maximum torque at 4000 rpm and is available with an improved super CVT-i with 7-speed sequential shiftmatic gearbox and now has paddle shifters apart from the regular 6-speed manual transmission.
The diesel is the same extremely underpowered 1.4L D-4D diesel engine and is available with only a 6-speed manual transmission. It churns out dismal 88.4PS of power at 3800 rpm and 205Nm of torque between 1800-2800 rpm.
Imagine a D-Segment car you pay for returns similar power what today’s B-segment hatchbacks can produce! It just doesn’t make the cut!
New Corolla Colours:
New 2014 Corolla Altis is being offered with a choice of 7 colours
- White Pearl Crystal Shine
- Silver Mica Metallic
- Grey Metallic,
- Blue Metallic
- Champagne Mica Metallic
- Super White II
- Celestial Black
New Corolla Variants, Trims & Prices:
Toyota is offering the new Corolla in 9 trims – 5 in petrol and 4 in diesel. Here is the complete list along with respective price:
- New Toyota Corolla J (S) petrol: Rs 11.99 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla G petrol: 13.74 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla G-CVT petrol: 15.04 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla GL petrol: 15.28 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla VL (CVT): 16.89 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla DJ diesel: 13.07 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla DJ(S) diesel: 13.64 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla DG: 15.04 Lakhs
- New Toyota Corolla DGL: 16.68 Lakhs
Toyota Corolla Altis Brochure:
Click on the following pic to open new Corolla’s brochure in PDF.
It list variantwise features and all details
Toyota Corolla Altis Pic Gallery