Hyundai India has launched the 2015 Elantra in India at a starting price tag of Rs 14.13 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). First introduced in India in 2004, Elantra is Hyundai’s first and one of the only 10 cars in history to reach 10 million sales globally.
Here in India, this Hyundai’s D-segmenter has been seeing consistent fall in sales for the last many months and this new model introduction is Hyundai’s bid to reclaim the lost market share to the senselessly underpowered Corolla and the fantastic Octavia!
The 2015 Elantra facelift gets a new front bumper with a more aggressive looking fog lamps cluster. The head lamps enclosure now houses projectors and LED daytime running lights with a chrome treatment. The rear bumper has also undergone a change and gets a two-tone scheme. The tail lamps too get an LED treatment. The exhaust tip has been studded with chrome to make the rear end look sporty. Thin reflectors have also been added to the large rear bumper to bring a bit of variety.
The shoulder line at the base of the windows gets a chrome strip while the door handles too remain covered in chrome as with the outgoing model. The car also gets new 10 spoke 16 inch alloy wheels. The interiors get a sporty overhaul with an-all black theme. The infotainment system gets a new 4.3 inch TFT display while the central console gets a racy treatment with chrome linings. The aircon vents get a silver grey background. Safety features include 6 airbags, ESC, ABS with EBD and hill assist control.
The powertrains remain the same-
- 1.8 litre Dual VTVT petrol producing 149.5 PS of power at 6,500 rpm and 177.5 Nm of torque at 4,700 rpm. It gets an option of a 6 speed manual and 6 speed auto gearbox.
- The diesel is a 1.6 litre VGT CRDi engine producing 128 PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm of torque in the range of 1,900 to 2,750 rpm. This engine too gets an option of a 6 speed manual and 6 speed auto gearbox. The 6 speed manual in the diesel is claimed to be the most fuel efficient car in the segment.
2015 Elantra Fuel Efficiency Figures
Here is how much the 2015 Elantra returns to every liter of fuel (rated fuel efficiency)…
- 2015 Elantra 1.8 Petrol Manual: 16.3 kmpl
- 2015 Elantra 1.8 Petrol Automatic: 14.34 kmpl
- 2015 Elantra 1.6 Diesel Manual: 22.7 kmpl
- 2015 Elantra 1.6 Diesel Automatic: 19.11 kmpl
New 2015 Elantra Variants & Prices:
Offered in 7 variants, here is what you will have to spend if you want to buy the new Elantra…