Renault India has launched the new Duster Facelift in India at Rs 8.46 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. Unveiled first at the recently concluded Auto Expo with 32 changes, this is Renault’s attempt to boost Duster’s falling sales, the trend of which started ever since Hyundai brought the Creta. The compact SUV also brings with it the country’s first 6 speed Easy R Automated Manual Transmission.
The 2016 Duster gets a new CMO10 and T4 E&E architecture which enables the SUV to boast of enhanced safety and superior riding dynamics. Bookings for the new Duster facelift will begin from today and you can book it both offline as well as via a special Duster application (downloadable from the Google Playstore).
Both the powertrains remain the same – 1.6 litre petrol unit and 1.5 litre diesel mill. The Easy R variant, just like the AWD is available only in the higher output diesel version. Producing a maximum power of 110 PS at 4,000 rpm and peak torque of 245 Nm at 1,750 rpm, Renault claims of an official fuel efficiency of 19.6 kmpl (ARAI certified).
New 2016 Duster Facelift – Changes & Features
- New eye hawk cluster head lamp
- Waterfall LED tail lamp
- Firefly fog lamp
- Kayak roof rails
- Electronically adjustable and foldable ORVM with integrated indicators
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- 16 inch gun metal alloy wheel
- New rear view camera
- New automatic air con
- Eco driving mode
- New soft touch material for dashboard
- Redesigned centre console
- Dual tone seat fabric
- Auto up/down windows anti pinch
- New media navigation system
New Duster Facelift Prices
- The diesel versions of Duster start at Rs 9.27 Lakhs for the 85 PS version and Rs 11.07 Lakhs for the 110 PS version.
- There are two AMT trims (in 110 PS) both of which are priced at Rs 60,000 over the corresponding MT variants.
- AMT is offered only in the 2WD variants and there is no 4WD + AMT variant yet!
Renault has also introduced a new colour – Cayenne Orange which is pictured on this page. The new Duster does look fresh and it will be interesting to see how will prospect Creta customers shift to the better SUV out of the two!