If you are a petrolhead and follow auto-blogs, you must be aware of the name PSA Peugeot Citoren which is Europe’s second largest car maker. Peugeot is likely to enter Indian Car Market and commence sell with the new Peugeot 301. Well, the company never mentioned India in their statement but according to an official release, Peugeot 301 is a family car, developed to suit all type of operating conditions like hot and cold weather as well as poor roads.
The following features will be available with the Peugeot 301:
- Two engine options: 1.2 Litre 3-Cylinder and 1.6 Litre 4-Cylinder petrol mills; and another is 1.6 Litre 4-Cylinder diesel mill.
- Transmission could be manual or automatic.
- Power ranging from 71 BHP to 115 BHP.
- ESP, ABS, Airbags Emergency Brake Assist
- 4.44 Meters of length, 2.65 meters of wheelbase, 506 Liters of boot space.
As Autocar Professional reported, Peugeot is planning to enter India with a midsize saloon car, developed and first produced at its Vigo plant in Spain. However, this Peugeot 301 is the car which is developed at the Vigo plant, and will be showcased at Paris Motor Show. This car will be marketed first in Turkey from November, 2012 onwards. We expect it to hit the Indian roads by 2014. Look at the photographs, the car does look fantastic, isn’t it?
News Source: AutoCar India
GALLERY: Click on the images to view full size.