Nissan unveiled its compact SUV Terrano on 20th of this month. However, the commercial launch is still a few weeks away sometime in October. Nissan has not stated anything regarding the Terrano’s price apart from the word that it will start at Rs sub-10 Lakhs.
In a latest, OnCars.in, has revealed the variant line-up as well as the trim levels for Terrano. And according to what we see, the offerings are very similar to what you get on Duster!
The available choices in terms of engines are :-
- A 1.6-litre petrol engine that produces 104 PS of power and 145 Nm of torque
- A 1.5-litre dCi diesel engine that produce 85 PS / 200 Nm in one state of tune
- The same 1.5-litre dCi engine makes 110 PS / 248 PS respectively in another state of tune
We will have five trim levels to choose from, again very similar to Duster:
- XV Premium
The engine-wise trim breakdown is:
- 1.6-litre Petrol gets only the second from base XL trim, understandably so, considering that petrol sales of Duster are also very mediocre.
- 1.5-litre Diesel, 85PS gets base XE, mid XL-D and XL-D+
- 1.5-litre Diesel, 110PS gets the mid XL-D and the top two XV-D & XV-D Premium trims
These appear to be a replica of what Renault offers on Duster however, Nissan Terrano does say goodbye to some features like steering mounted controls and a touchscreen infotainment system (which might be offered little later like Duster)
Nissan Terrano Color Options:
Nissan officially revealed the color options of Terrano during its unveiling. So, you have the option of choosing from 6 shades as depicted in the slide below.
- Graphite Black
- Pearl White
- Blade Silver
- Sterling Grey
- Fire Red
Interestingly, so far there is mention of Terrano 4WD anywhere. This goes against the earlier report that Nissan may offer Terrano in 4WD earlier than Duster 4WD. Official pre-bookings will start on September 1st, however, according to reports, dealers have unofficially started taking bookings of the Terrano.
With a speculated higher (than Duster) price tag and nothing really new to offer, we are skeptical of Terrano’s success. However, it appears to be a fresher option against people who have been kept waiting for the Duster…