After achieving success with the Cruze in India, General Motors is up to introducing a facelifted version of their entry level D-segment sedan by the end of June. Our friends at Indian Autos Blog have managed to get a confirmation of the launch. Mr. P. Balendran, Vice President, General Motors India told IAB: “We are working on it and will come out with an announcement closer to the launch. For competitive reasons, we would not like to disclose the details at this point of time.”
There are significant possibilities as well that the new Cruze might make it’s World Debut through the launch in India. Though there’s no concrete confirmation but still upcoming changes might include interior, exterior and engine as well. Let us make it easy for you and point out the changes.
- A new and refined 1998 cc diesel engine will replace the existing 1991 cc egine.
- The new engine will be delivering 161 BHP and 360 Nm unlike 148 BHP and 327 Nm from the existing one.
- Improved fuel economy and acceleration expected.
- Euro V emission norms compliant.
- Low maintenance.
- New colours on the dashboard and instrument cluster.
- A new Audio System with new brighter backlit.
- “My Link” communication system.
- Redesigned rear seats with improved head-room.
- Wider front facia.
- Vertically aligned fog lamp clusters and redesigned air dams.
- New clear-lens Headlamps with silver reflector material
- Marginally different Tail Lamps.
- “Razor Wire” design inspired front grille will replace the existing “Honey Comb” styling.
- New Alloy wheels.
As of now, we don’t have any information about the gearbox upgradation, though we expect the existing 6-speed gearbox will continue to perform along with the new engine. As for the price tags, expect a marginal hike of 2.5 to 4 per cent on the existing prices.