As we had reported, without much fanfare, Hyundai has launched its new generation ‘Fluidic’ Sonata in India. Hyundai displayed the Sonata at the Auto Expo and we must say the car looks yummy. Hyundai has kept a starting price tag of Rs 18,52,979 (ex-showroom Delhi) for its premium offering.
Sonata would be offered only in its Petrol avatar for now, no disclosure about any Diesels anytime soon. The 2.4 Liter GDi Petrol powered engine produces 201PS of power and 250Nm of Torque and comes in 6 speed Manual as well as 6 speed Automatic Transmission.
Price of the Manual Transmission Variant: INR 18,52,979
Price of the Automatic Transmission Variant: INR 20,61,272
Main Features of Sonata:
- 2.4-Litre Direct Injection Petrol Engine.
- Power: 201 PS Torque: 250 Nm
- 6-speed gear box with Paddle Shifters
- 10-Way Electrically adjustable Driver seat with lumbar support
- 4-Way electrically adjustable front passenger seat
- Position memory for the driver’s seat
- Ventilated and heated front seats
- Smart key entry
- Push button start
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Rear audio controls
- Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Climate control
- Anti Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Traction Control
- Cruise Control
- Six SRS Air Bags
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Automatic HID Xenon Headlamps with Washers
- 6 Speed Manual and 6 Speed Automatic Gearbox
This would make the New Sonata to compete head on with rivals like Honda Accord, Maruti Kizashi, Toyota Camry, Volkswagen Passat and Skoda Superb.
Mr. B S Seo, Managing Director and CEO, HMIL said: “The all new Sonata powered by our GDi engine offers best-in-class features. Competitively priced the Sonata offers a stylish new choice to the premium customer.”